STATE MEDICINES CONTROL AGENCY
UNDER THE MINISTRY OF HEALTH OF THE REPUBLIC OF LITHUANIA
QUALITY AND INFORMATION SECURITY POLICY
To consumer only high quality, safe and effective medicines
To become one of the leading medicines control institutions in Europe, completely conforming to the requirements of the European Union.
To protect human health and public safety by providing high quality public service and control of pharmaceutical activity and pharmaceutical market in Lithuania to ensure that only high quality, safe and effective medicinal products would reach the consumer.
- To provide high quality services, striving for mutually beneficial cooperation with customers, activity partners and suppliers, expanding the use of the latest information and communication technology solutions. To analyze demands of stakeholders and clients and strive to fulfill their rightful expectations.
- To supervise activities of business entities with medicinal products following the modern and risk-based evaluation principles. To provide healthcare supervision institutions, healthcare specialists and Lithuanian population with comprehensive, timely and reliable information about medicinal products, their availability and control policy. To encourage healthcare and pharmaceutical professionals and residents to provide information on adverse drug reactions.
- Actively participate in programs, commissions and working parties of European institutions regulating pharmaceutical policy to implement and apply the most advanced ideas and principles, modern methods, scientific achievements and technologies. To ensure proper qualification of employees and acquired knowledge apply into practice in order to properly implement the Agency’s objectives and qualitatively and conscientiously to perform assigned functions. To ensure protection of intellectual property rights. To act in accordance with the principles of impartiality, justice and equal application. To make decisions only on the basis of data and information analysis.
- To develop the activity complying with the requirements of the LST EN ISO 9001, LST EN ISO/IEC 17025 and ISO/IEC 27001 standards, requirements of the legal acts, contracts and stakeholders, and constantly improve management system.
- To constantly plan, implement and develop the information security management system in order to ensure protection against threats that could affect the Agency‘s activity and reputation, and that information, entrusted to the Agency, would not be changed or misrepresented, or disclosed to those who have no right to know it, but would be accessible when it is needed.
Director Gintautas Barcys
April 10, 2018
CERTIFICATE FOR THE INFORMATION SECURITY MANGMENT SYSTEM STANDARD ISO/IEC 27001:2013
CERTIFICATE FOR THE QUALITY MANAGMENT SYSTEM STANDARD ISO 9001:2015
Medicines Control Laboratory Attestation Certificate by EDQM
Medicines Control Laboratory Scope of Assesment by EDQM
Medicines Control Laboratory Accreditation Certificate by NAB
Medicines Control Laboratory Scope of Accreditation by NAB